Advice on purchasing new Rubicon

summer17

Hello, i'm in the process of purchasing a new rubicon and i was looking for some advice on basic vs loaded? Is it worth purchasing a fully loaded rubicon with navi, bluetooth, media center, etc or just get a basic model and all of that stuff afterwards through a third party? Is aftermarket better than what the dealer offers both in price and quality?

thanks,
Greg

After market can be better than stock but you will pay for it. I know when we bought our Willy's last year they offered a pioneer speaker upgrade for 900 more. Not worth it. We also got an aftermarket remote start. Paid more than the factory but the range is way better and has 2 way communication.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Jeepz.com mobile app

Only you can decide if the extras are worth it. Don't forget the what ever comes on the Jeep when you buy it is covered under their warranty and the price of the extra eq. will be lumped into the loan so you'll hardly even notice the difference in monthly payments. If you wait and buy after market, you kinda pay all at once , unless you want a credit card bill at a higher rate then your Jeep loan. Will you do the stereo install yourself, or take a chance with someone else to install the stereo in your dash and etc. Usually (always), it's better done at the factory.

problem free go with OEM - get the jeep configured from factory -

You do not need the finger pointing its the OEM or aftermarket debate when its AFU. Compatibility is a issue and jeep will blame aftermarket - meaning you pay. Or you argue and wait.

I plan on doing off road camping. Campsites that are only accessible via 4wheel drive. Probably not much rock crawling, but maybe someday the rubicon trail if i decide to get the lift and 35s

The rubicon stock should handle most off roading if your not rock crawling or going on advanced trails. The only thing I'd consider is sway bar disconnects. Aftermarket is good. Things like the radio or seats.... Is All up to you. I will say stock radios have come a long way for sound. Gps can be found in aftermarket radios but I use a handheld cause that's what I have. Id add a CB or shortwave radio aftermarket. Never wheel alone and CB is widely accepted and expected.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back