05 TJ with check engine light

Chris10

My 05's check engine light came on (steady, not blinking), and ran the codes and a 700 code came up. Took it to the garage, and they ran diognostics on it and said They couldn't find anything wrong. I disconnected the battery for the weekend, and the light stayed off for a day, but is now back on. Grarage said just let it go, maybe a faulty light or something. It's an auto, and seems to be running fine. Any suggestions, just not worry about it?
Thanks!

We have to guess - 700 do you mean P0700 ?
I suspect there is a code other than the p0700, basically p0700 indicates the TCM has requested the MIL on. A scanner will be needed, the key trick is limited won't show all codes, the 'garage' their scanner should communicate and thorough diagnostics will get an answer NOT acceptable is can't find anything, let it go.

Suggest - stop clearing codes, try the free scan at auto parts stores, tells us ALL codes, modifications, repairs - any specifics code sets, hot, cold, HI way, reverse, downshift etc..

This is a trans TCC issue Output rpm not within specification hi slip .

SO
No other codes?
Vehicle STOCK?
Not overheating?
was trans ever serviced ? use ATF4 not a substitute not a universal just ATF4 .

Clear codes and lets see if it returns.
A trans cooler is best money you can spend.
Please Let me know course of action and end result

No other codes just those two.
No overheating and as far as I know it hasn't been serviced (I've owned it less than 2 years).

Please forgive my my lack of knowledge here, so I should have the transmission fluid changed? And a trans cooler?

Thanks!!!

have the transmission pan dropped filter replaced and refilled with ATF4.

Not flushed, and again ATF 4.

Trans cooler is a recommendation, if you feel need to modify your jeep

GTG

From my understanding the P0700 code is generic code for a transmission issue. You need a DRBIII scan tool to get more info to what is wrong.
It can be anything from adding trans fluid to rebuilding the NSS to needing a new transmission control system TCS.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

You do not need a DRS, most full function scan tools will read the codes - My experience It is the key trick or low end code readers that are lacking.

And it appears the poster already accessed - thru part store scan- the issue P0740

Back