99 TJ Coolant on *driver's side* floorboard

Jak03e

Greetings, first the details: 1999 TJ Sport 4.0L I-6

I noticed yesterday that there was a puddle of coolant specifically on my driver's side floor mat. I checked the coolant reservoir which was near empty. The day before I had at some point run both heating and a/c. After poking around the forums, I saw several topics about coolant on the passenger side with the heating core being the culprit.

My coolant was specifically on the driver side. Are these issues related? What could cause the coolant specifically on the driver side?

Bonus question. This TJ has quite a bit more grumble when accelerating than my previous. Almost like a motorcycle. This leads me to believe it's some sound the exhaust is producing. What could be a culprit of such a sound OTHER than the exhaust system?

Thanks.

While the driver's side is a bit odd, I'd suspect the heater core. Maybe the leak traveled along something before falling to the floor.

While the driver's side is a bit odd, I'd suspect the heater core. Maybe the leak traveled along something before falling to the floor.
I agree with Mark only thing inside the cabin would be the heater core. If it's a pin hole maybe under pressure it is spraying to the driver side.

As far as the noise I would think exhaust or does it have a after market air intake or is your air box damaged. I know my last TJ I put on a CAI and it changed the sound some.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Jeepz.com mobile app

Does the grumble match the speed or the engine?

CAI cold air induction -as mentioned
Exhaust
Bad u joint or axel joint?
Dry pumpkin front or rear?
Axel u joint?
Transmission fluid?

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back