Driveshafts and pinion angles

mmello13

Ok so I bought double cardon Adams driveshafts. It says that at the axle it should be straight on. When I try adjusting my control arms to do that everything is thrown way out. My rear coils look like they are about to blow out from the jeep. My front coils when I tried bent into the sway bars. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

For the rear, the spring pads need cut from the axle and rotated in order for the springs to rest straight. This generally isn't needed with most common lift heights. Make sure you're lengthening the uppers to get the proper pinion angle so you keep the proper wheelbase, keeping the wheel centered in the wheel well.

The front pinion angle is a compromise between pinion angle and caster. Acceptable caster will often prevent you from tilting the pinion too far upward and causing the springs to bend. If your lift is so big you can't keep from bending the springs, once again the pads need cut and rewelded on the axle to be in the proper position.

Remember you'll need a special bracket for the rear track bar on the axle end, to work when the axle is rotated upward.

I ordered the coil shim for the rear and I found a guy thatg knows how to align jeeps. He does it with just a tape measure. No computers. His drive perfect. So I'm going to have this guy align my jeep.

4 in 2013 rubicon. Just got worse. I heard that the bilstein gas shock pushes against the toe rod causing it to make you pull left. So I got the teraflex 9550 damper and now I hit bumps at 45 and it goes into death wobble mode.

Adding this a little late BUT others may benefit.
KISS (keep it simple stupid) - excellent quality all in 1 kits, not a pieced together multi vendor assortment. At Your jeep dealer.

Attachments

• KISS.JPG
    KISS.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 197
Yea that would have worked about a year ago for me lol. I already got all that. But mine is a 4 in rough country so I have the springs and shocks from them for now. Bought alpine control arms all 8 teraflex monster front and rear adjustable track bars Adams 1350 double cardon front and rear drive shafts teraflex high steer kit and it's still wobbly.

Like stared earlier I have some guys I just met align it soon. He is sponsored by teraflex and they are giving him the piggy back shocks so I'm buying his adjustable fox shocks too.

Adding this a little late BUT others may benefit.
KISS (keep it simple stupid) - excellent quality all in 1 kits, not a pieced together multi vendor assortment. At Your jeep dealer.

One must be carefully because a "kit" sounds like it has all you need. The "lift kits" often do. It have all components but the low cost draws you in.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

As stated in one of many posts of the OP.
Adjustable control arms will not ride like the factory stiff stamped arms.
The factory ones have less possibility of play. Especially on a highway.

The soft springs may also give a boat feeling on the road.

This guy you have might take it for a highway ride to get an opinion.

I will mention again to give Currie enterprises a call about setting this up properly.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Last edited:

I pushed the toe out some and there's no more death wobble. Going to get strip weights put on and the heads taken out tomorrow. Then have that guys align my jeep when we is available and put the read coil wedges in. Hopefully I'll be all set after that's all done. If not I give up. I'll sell this one and build a new one with the money I get from this one lol

Back