Camshaft sensors

mmello13

I have a 2013 jku rubicon. Has a 4 in lift all after marlet control arms, driveshafts, track bars etc. After putting lift tires and regearing my jeep my camshaft sensors come on after traveling on the highway for any length of time. The quickest it's come on was about 15 minutes traveling 70 mph and the longest was about an hour going the same speed. I reprogrammed everything in my jeep and it still happens but my speedo is spot on. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas as to what it could be? These are the codes i pulled from flashpaq
9e0cc9543f4ae293d04580a0fd1644cb-1.jpg
80dc5b5e1e4a4ccb66b7ed20359ad71a-1.jpg
df1014220fa0dd94c58dc1c0ec8174e1-1.jpg
b034e05e1738d22ae15edc3630ee640a-1.jpg
105589d73789e887e0175009b515acb9-1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I would work the CMP sensor as a separate issue - and that is likely a wiring issue.

Possible Causes p0369
(F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT OPEN
(F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
(K441) CMP SENSOR SIGNAL 1/2 CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
(K441) CMP SENSOR SIGNAL 1/2 CIRCUIT OPEN
(K441) CMP SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
(K441) CMP SENSOR SIGNAL 1/2 CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE (F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
TONE WHEEL/PULSE RING
CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR

U0401 I think is key to the others "[FONT=&quot] implausible data " the modules are sharing info and the changes are not programmed or accepted [/FONT]

I would work the CMP sensor as a separate issue - and that is likely a wiring issue.

Possible Causes p0369
(F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT OPEN
(F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
(K441) CMP SENSOR SIGNAL 1/2 CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
(K441) CMP SENSOR SIGNAL 1/2 CIRCUIT OPEN
(K441) CMP SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
(K441) CMP SENSOR SIGNAL 1/2 CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE (F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
TONE WHEEL/PULSE RING
CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR

U0401 I think is key to the others "[FONT=&quot] implausible data " the modules are sharing info and the changes are not programmed or accepted [/FONT]
So how do I go about getting this all fixed? It drives me insane when I'm in mid drive the lights come on cruise control stopped and then every time I have to slow down and I release the gas the jeep bucks. Also while I'm trying to accelerate it takes forever. I lose power in shifting and acceleration. I have a manual.

a I suggested work the cam issue - the above list Is what to check...The circuits wiring and th connectors.

The programming may require a jeep scanner- I do not know if the combination gears, tires can be programed - might not be a selection.

Did you put a new Cam sensor in?

If so, was it OEM?

The cam sensor and crank sensor signals are used by the PCM to set timing and shifting.... if one signal is off timing you will get some codes.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Last edited:
Ok Idk how to check any of that haha. And yes I put new ones in. I had one from AutoZone in and the code kept coming so I replaced with ones from the dealership and same, keeps coming on.

So you replaced both. Did you do a relearn/reflash? Without a relearn the code will still show.
There is a oil control valve that needs to be replaced.

All of this is in a TSB. I can't find the tsb number right now.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

Last edited:

How do you relearn it?

If you have a capable programmer it is a function in the menu. Otherwise the dealer should be able to do this.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Had them reflash. Hasn't come on yet but haven't had any long drives either. The check engine light was on after they refreshed it with these codes. But then it shut off a day or 2 later.
b5e8a992526e7127d0b671ec6eb2f948-1.jpg
1e4312e3504f7332207fd00006a4ad5d-1.jpg

Sounds good so far. Hope it works out.

Did they charge for the reflash?

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app
So does this mean I have to reprogram my tires and everything back in? Didn't think of that. If they reflashed the computer does that make it seem to the computer everything is back to stock?

IDK about the tires.
I believe it allows the new CPS to be learned, so the PCM is not looking for the old values.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
Back