94 Wrangler will not start

rango08

I put a new radio in my 94 wrangler, it wont start so I removed it. I have no check engine light, no parking brake light no seat belt light. Motor turns over, it will run if I spray ether in the carb. I have ckecked fuses, I don't hear the fuel pump click, but it is hummimg. What can I do

Was it running prior to the radio issue ? Perhaps you here the fuel pump humming but it ant doing nothing. On your fuel rail, which is located on top of your engine that supplys gas to the engine. You well see a fitting that looks like a tire valve, it may have a black plastic cap on it. I would check at that location to see if you have pressure in the line supplying gas. If no pressure when you depress the valve it could be fuel pump or possibly fuel filter is clogged.

yes it was running before. no fuel pressure. if you put gas in air intake it starts until no gas left. again no parking brake light, no check engine light, no seat belt light. motor turns over

check fuses do not just look at them
fuse box underhood PDC F1

used ohm meter fuses are good when I turn key on I get 12 volts across it

There should be a near zero voltage across a good fuse. A blown fuse will read 12.6 to 14.2 volts across. Across meaning from one blade to the other blade and not one blade to chassis.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

To check the fuse you have to use your meter to do a continuity test, takeing the fuse out of the fuse box and checking it from blade to blade to see if it is good.

To check the fuse you have to use your meter to do a continuity test, takeing the fuse out of the fuse box and checking it from blade to blade to see if it is good.

True
And, some of the new fuses have contacts through to the back so you could probe while inserted.

JPNinPA
Using Jeepz.com app

I agree with checking the fuses and what not, but I had a similar issue at one point, where my radio would not work and my jeep would not turn over due to the wiring in the steering column and behind the radio were messed up. Basically, some of the prongs pushed their way out during install, and caused a slew of issues, also leading to the demise of my multi-switch assembly. I would check the wiring if all else (fuses) fails, I would bet, if not the fuses, then a wire got messed up causing your issues. It is entirely possible that your pump just puked.

I did the code thing. I got 3 3 3 5 5. I have no idea. The jeep will not start. It cranks.

If your counting flashes you might be missing one. The code are in groups of two. The last code 55 means End of Codes. The Code 33 means Air conditioning clutch relay circuit open or shorted ( Also will show up for rigs without AC). There is no 333 that I'm aware of.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back