New Jeep Wrangler JL revealed

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
2018-Jeep-WranglerJL3.jpg

The new Wrangler is officially here! It looks like the exterior isn't a radical departure from previous models, however there are quite a few other changes:
  • Choice of three powertrains: a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder, a 3.6-liter V6 or a 3.0-liter V6 diesel engine.
  • Sahara and Rubicon have available LED lights and fog lamps
  • Doors, hood, windshield frame, and fender flares are made from aluminum, while the swing gate is made from magnesium.
  • Optional Sky One-Touch roof, which is a full-length canvas roof that can open with the touch of a button.
  • Push-button start is now standard on the Wrangler
  • The new Jeep has a 3.5- or an available 7-inch display in the information cluster, each of which offers key information regarding the vehicle like tire pressure.
  • An under-floor storage spot is now found behind the rear seat

JP018_067WR5ffgnrum156sqfmf84tl533ohr.jpg

JP018_242WRrr7jlb2445f5g79eic2ubdl80f.jpg

AND...the windshield folds down by only removing 4 bolts and comes completely off with just two hinge pins. Very cool.

I really like everything I've seen so far. I would love to have one but will have to wait a few years I think. It is a couple thousand more for each model compared to the JK.

So far I like it, just don’t like the roll cage. Doesn’t have that safari look. LOVE how the front end looks and how the grill is getting a little retro. Has some resemblance to the CJs and the TJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

I think the 8 speed auto trans is the biggest improvement. I have it in a v6 ram truck and it is amazing! Great gas mileage and optimum power is instant.

It doesn't look bad at all to me. I'm not sure about the turn signals / fender lights yet though

Got a close look at one this weekend in the showroom. Not bad. Forget modifying the roll cage. It is like rounded square tubing with the needed tabs and mounting points fabled in. What is nice is it appears to go across the front door and down the windshield to the floor. And the roll cage goes across the windshield. The windshield was down and looks easier to open than before.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:

That sounds like they've done a good job

The more engineering the costlier it gets. These use to be affordable for many and seen as an inexpensive hobbies vehicle....

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

I'm liking the overall appearance other than the turn signals and loving the engine options.
It'll be tough to part with my TJ but I'll take a look for sure.

I've had 2.0 turbo charged engines before and hated that they were interference engines, strong otherwise.

Back