urgent help needed

2001sah

a few days ago, i took my jeep into a local mud pit hell. i got through it but couldn't make it back. i fell into ruts and was resting on the chassie with water up past the wheel wells and exhasut submerged as well. after 6 hours of trying everything possible, i finally called a truck removal company. after a hefty bill, i was finally out. but the thing is that i had the jeep running for the 6 hours that i was stuck and i dont think i should have kept it going. i've been having problems with the clutch. It sounds like a squeaky door when I press on it. shifting is a little rough, and I’m hoping that water didn’t get in anywhere. I took it to an experienced off-road mechanic and with a short test drive, he said it should be fine. However, the next day problems started to happen. It’s getting a detail job for the interior as of the moment to get rid of the mud and water in the foot wells. Do you think it’s possible that water could have gotten into the differential, trans, or clutch?:-? If so, what should I do? i'm running low on cash, the 18k that it took to buy it just two months ago set me back a good bit. any advice would be greatly appreciated. [addsig]

change fluids is EVERYTHING!!!! if you dont know how, go buy a chiltons manual and learn. if any of the fluid is milky white it has gotten water in it.... change the transmission, axles, tcase, engine oil and everything else u might think of.... good luck, dont let this one experince stop your jeepin :-D [addsig]

Far right is dead on, you need to get all of your fluids changed as quickly as possible. Its not hard at all, if you do find water in your diff's I've found that brake cleaner works pretty well to clean it out before refilling it. [addsig]

Detail ???????!!!!!!!!!???????

jk

:lol:

Rob :p :cool: :)

edited by: PASmokeater, May 15, 2003 - 12:44 PM[addsig]

i've already drove it for about 10 miles or more . . . i got harder and harder to put it into gear. no grinding or anything, just a lot of resistance. i'm bringing it to get all the fluids changed tomorrow, will i need a new trans? if so, how much of a bill will that run up??

have any of you ever beeN in ths situation? cuz it sucks ASS!! this jeep was mint and now i fudgeed it all up. damn, what a nightmare. [addsig]

Possibly have either water, or air in the hydrolic clutch assembly. If will need to be speed bled

Johnny[addsig]

sounds like there's definitely crap in your transmission. First of all... settle down. Second, get all of your fluids changed and see if that helps. You shouldn't need a whole new transmission. At worst, a new clutch ($300-$500). New transmission would run about $1500, but I don't think that is the problem. What year is it? Must be a TJ if you bought it for $18k. Next time, be careful about what you can handle.

c[addsig]

Back