No Spark

DrG

I was driving my 85 cj7 a few days ago and it died while driving. Won’t start. Getting fuel to the carb. Not getting any spark. Power to the coil. Replaced the dust cap, rotor and pick up module. Tried another coil. Still no spark. Verified that there is continuity in the spark plug cables.

Holley 390
DUI HEI ignition

Any suggestions for what I should check next. I’m not a mechanical genius and I’m kinda baffled.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

I was driving my 85 cj7 a few days ago and it died while driving. Won’t start. Getting fuel to the carb. Not getting any spark. Power to the coil. Replaced the dust cap, rotor and pick up module. Tried another coil. Still no spark. Verified that there is continuity in the spark plug cables.

Holley 390
DUI HEI ignition

Any suggestions for what I should check next. I’m not a mechanical genius and I’m kinda baffled.

Dust cap? Dang auto correct. Replaced distributor cap.

There is a sensor called a crank sensor. If it dies it affects starting like you describe. You may not get any warning it's failing. If you replace it use oem manufactures and be sure the paper spacer gasket is on there when you install

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

There is a sensor called a crank sensor. If it dies it affects starting like you describe. You may not get any warning it's failing. If you replace it use oem manufactures and be sure the paper spacer gasket is on there when you install

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Thanks JPNinPA - I’ll check that out.

Back