JKU lift help!

Grasshopper13

Hello all! I have a 2013 JKU Sport with 33" tires but want to go to 37s and possibly a 4" lift. This is my daily driver and I will be doing moderate trailing maybe once a month or every couple of months (have busy kiddos). We have a corvette shop and can do the install here. My questions:
1) what is a good lift that will last without breaking the bank?
2) what size lift will I ACTUALLY get with 4" and 37s?
3) suspension lift only or suspension and body?

I have mechanics I can ask, but would rather take the advice of fellow jeepers that have experience!

Thanks in advance!!

Hello all! I have a 2013 JKU Sport with 33" tires but want to go to 37s and possibly a 4" lift. This is my daily driver and I will be doing moderate trailing maybe once a month or every couple of months (have busy kiddos). We have a corvette shop and can do the install here. My questions:
1) what is a good lift that will last without breaking the bank?
2) what size lift will I ACTUALLY get with 4" and 37s?
3) suspension lift only or suspension and body?

I have mechanics I can ask, but would rather take the advice of fellow jeepers that have experience!

Thanks in advance!!

If you are using it for every day you don't want to go that big, it may look cool but all the things that go with going that big are a real pain and will up your every day driving cost. The largest tire you should go is a 33 with a 3" spring lift and 3" body lift. The higher you go the more unstable for any kind of turn. You start going with anything bigger you lose power unless you change your gears out and that is expensive. Did you change out the speedometer gear? The 33s you have would have effected your speedometer and odometer readings.

I would not go to 37s unless you plan on swapping the front out to a well built D44 or trussing and sleeving the D30. I would keep it LCoG and do no more than a 3" spring lift and some highline fenders. Otherwise stick with 35s. "Net" lift height depends on many factors. How much weight you have installed now with aftermarket gear, or how much you plan on in the future. Type and rate of spring. Whether measuring from stock factory height or current possibly sagging factory spring height.

I know this is an old thread, but, post where you are at now and we can help guide you.

Allen

P.S. If you are thinking of how much ground clearance you will get, that is directly dependent on the tire height and PSI you are running. Your ground clearance gains will be half the increase in tire height over what you are running now. That is of course at similar tire pressure. Air down and that changes.

Last edited:
If you are using it for every day you don't want to go that big, it may look cool but all the things that go with going that big are a real pain and will up your every day driving cost. The largest tire you should go is a 33 with a 3" spring lift and 3" body lift. The higher you go the more unstable for any kind of turn. You start going with anything bigger you lose power unless you change your gears out and that is expensive. Did you change out the speedometer gear? The 33s you have would have effected your speedometer and odometer readings.

The lift height you mention and speedo gears do not apply to JK's. I think you're thinking of pre-'07 Jeeps.

Back