YJ LED Problem

Brett7

Hey guys, I just bought a ‘92 YJ and my signal lights don’t work right. The guy I bought it from said it started doing that when he put LEDs in his fog lights. Can anyone confirm that if I just put regular lights in it’ll fix my issue?

Could you describe the issue?
Like my fog light flashes when i turn the blinker on.
My blinker flashes too fast.
Only front work.
Blinker does not stay on. Fogs will not turn off.

When does it happen?
What do you have to do to get it to happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited:
I could tell you front turn signals and head lights maybe fog too are grounded at the same screw into the grill. Also all lights go through the multifunction switch. That switch is known to fail. I cannot say regular lights will fix the issue, cause you need to describe it better.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Both of the back lights blink and sometimes one of them will stop when you brake. In the front both blink. The guy told me that it started happening when he put the LEDs in so do you think they could have ruined the switch or something?

No the only thing known to happen with LED is: If you don’t change the relay or add resistance all blinkers blink at a much faster rate. This also happens when one bulb burns out
You likely have a bad ground. From the rear blinker passenger side follow the wiring to a ground point. Disconnect polish with sandpaper add a dab of dielectric grease and reassemble.
Do the same in the front. If that doesn’t fix it it push the 4way flasher button 20-30 times to clean the contacts.

Or it may be the multifunction switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back