In need of front end repair and replacement

HexedHero

This weekend we took a huge dive into my busted up front end and tore everything apart. Bushings, o rings, bearings, seals etc. there is nothing in the front end anymore and we went to the jeep dealership and they told us that the parts we need to seal and fix the front end are discontinued. If anyone knows anything about these parts for a front end on a 95 wrangler, rio grande. Please let me know where I can get them, I can’t live without my 4wd.

b3c00b1b6cae51521e59ec5a5f8aae85-1.jpg

55324a4c1817237b79a31bc0530d2db1-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

I wouldn't bother doing all that. I'd just get a new front axle. I don't know where you live, but here's a set of front and rear YJ axles for $400, in North Carolina

https://eastnc.craigslist.org/ptd/d/yj-xj-tj-lj-mj-jk-jku-wrangler-cherokee/6925926204.html

The only thing you'll need to do is make sure you match the gear ratio that's in your rear axle to the front axle. You want the gears to be the same in front and back, so that the tires spin at the same speed.

Replacing the whole axle is much easier than doing all the work you'r talking about. Just put the tires on it, roll it into place, then connect the springs, driveshaft, etc.

I actually have a lot of luck googling the part number and name or description.
Quadratec has a section for OEM replacements. Might find it there.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back