2015 rubicon turn signal prob.

conner

Signal works fine till I turn the headlights on then the left rear stops blinking and the error message comes up on the dash. Its as predictable as death. after it stops blinking I can switch the headlights off but still have the error message and the light still won't blink..UNTIL I can switch the ign. key off and back on and it works fine again till I hit the headlights again...I've checked the light sockets and the plugs at the back...mixed up with the headlight switch some how...anyone had this issue before?

No, But clean the grounds for the headlights and blinkers rear blinker ground. If that doesn't fix it. Try pushing into hazards switch a bunch of times. Sometimes dirt gets in and needs to be cleaned.
And if those do no fix it, swap out the multifunction switch. It is known to go bad. I swapped mine out and had to add some glue to build up the fog switch.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

No, But clean the grounds for the headlights and blinkers rear blinker ground. If that doesn't fix it. Try pushing into hazards switch a bunch of times. Sometimes dirt gets in and needs to be cleaned.
And if those do no fix it, swap out the multifunction switch. It is known to go bad. I swapped mine out and had to add some glue to build up the fog switch.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk
...So anxious for this rain to end so I can give your suggestions a try I also have 3 or 4 others to try too. I have so far changed TIPM, no change, changed multifunction switch, no change. I've heard that it could be: a ground cable from battery to motor or the instrument cluster, prob. ground related also. or maybe the kind of bulbs i'm using, even though it blinks fine without the lights on. if I ever get it figured out i'll post what the fix was.

The headlights and blinkers have a ground on the back of the grill in the engine bay. With engine off, disassemble, clean and polish with fine sand paper and reassemble.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back