Ford 9" front and rear with 4:10 gearing?

Tug-n-pull

OK today I was given both the front and rear differenals out of an older like early 70's ford bronco. The gearing is the same as I run now in my 87 YJ 4 banger 5 speed only positive traction I think. Will they work for me? What would need to be done to make them work if I did? Are they good differenals to start with? The bronco was totaled and they pulled the diffs and have been in the dry for some time now. I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but if I can not use them and make a better jeep in the process than I shold leave them where they are and let some one else take advantage of them. What do you all think! tug[addsig]

wow... if they are in good condition... then that is PERFECT ground for a good spring over project... the perches are there, hopefully in the right spot, sometimes they are... the gears are good... the axles will last forever... and you can run up to 900000" tires on those 9" axles... good catch[addsig]

first i think that the front is a dana 44, and second it would be the small bearing 9" with something like 27 or 28 splines. i know the splines can be upgraded, and i would bet the bearings could be replaced w/ larger bearings like the ones that came in ford trucks, so the 9" would have to be up graded to be bulletproof. so no those axles are TERRIBLE, you just need to ship them to me where i can take them off your hands ;-) haha
sounds like a good find, and im sure the small bearing 9'' could handle anything ole tug could throw at it for now [addsig]

Back