Todays Outing Damage Report is Not Good!

Tug-n-pull

Ok I went out and looked over the damage I made on the trail today and it is worse than I thought. I was thinking the exaust broke off under the doughtnut gasket flange. Well it did not it broke off above the doughnut gasket flange and doughnut gasket. The Flange on the base of the Exaust Manifold broke off. Man that is going to leave a mark.

Now I am going to have to change out the Manifold or go with a header. This Jeep is like one of my kids. Every time I turn around I have to hand out money for one thing or another. (venting here)

I have never had to take off a manifold much less replace one before. How big of a job am I in for here? Now to check prices on a new manifold vs. a new header. Ol tug will never get this thing lifted at this rate. Oh well I wanted a header anyway. Just not now! I not be living right! Tug[addsig]

ouch that sucks... most likely you should follow people on ebay, find someone who buys a header, and make an offer on their old manifold... or a junkyard one would be just a couple bucks if you find the right deal...[addsig]

i'm goin through the same sh*t. my trans was filled with mud and water and now i need a new clutch. not sure about the trans, hopefully it won't be that bad. if the guy tells me that i need a new trans should i go for it? or should i just see how it goes and beat the shit outa the on i have??

signed,

seriously in debt

edited by: RAVEN13xxx, May 22, 2003 - 03:20 PM[addsig]

Well sure glad to see Jeepz is back up and running. I will be glad to be up and running myself as of tomorow. New Manifold, Gaskets, and ect...... $170.00 Labor due to no time to do it myself and ect...... $120.00 Haveing my Jeep back in running order Priceless... heheheh tug[addsig]

290 for everything... dang..... who needs all that exaust stuff.. haha... glad you jeep is back runin agin tug :-D [addsig]

Why'd you go with a stock manifold? 4WD Hardware sells a header for the 4-bangers for $125. You could have had better sound and increased performance for like $5 more.

TARSI[addsig]

Just did not want to wait for shipment and be with out my ride all that time. I was also advised to go back with the manifold due to the need for some back pressure as I run no cat and a flowmaster muffler. I guess it is six of one and half a dozen of the other I just wanted to get back on the trail. you can bet the crossover under the engin will be a whole lot closer to the undercarriage this time though. I will not want to drag it off again. tug[addsig]

Back