best jeep wrangler headlights, lift and winch

dburman

I own a 2014 jeep wrangler sport unlimited 6 speed manual. The stock headlights are so dim it is dangerous. I live in Canada so buying from a Canadian site would be preferred. I am wondering what the best alternatives are for new headlights for my jeep.

I also put bigger tires on. I went to p285 75 r17 on stock rims. I get a bit of rubbing. I presume a mild lift would help this. Any recommendations on a basic lift that will not be hard on my jeep in other ways.

Also, what are your winch recommendations. Just wondering the best bang for my buck.

Generally I do not do any hardcore offroading but I hunt and fish and take my jeep to some places where other vehicles can't or won't go.

I am new here so if more info is needed let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Welcome to Jeepz! I can't help you much on the headlights but you probably just need a 2" spacer lift. I've used Rubicon Express on three jeeps for their spacer lift and have been happy. Warn is the go to winch for durability but they are also the most expensive. Plenty of people use and like cheaper ones but a winch is one of those things that when you need it to work, you really need it to work.

Headlights? Cheapest bump up is rewire from stock to new relays so power comes directly from battery. Then put on Silverstar 7in sealed beam.

After that my preference is
Delta
Or
Trucklight

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Thanks for the reply...gave me some good stuff to read up on.

What are your thoughts on these headlights:

https://www.amazon.ca/Daymaker-Head...angler+97-2017+JK+TJ+LJ&qid=1575398530&sr=8-4

Should I also do the rewire are would these plug and play do the trick on their own? Also is there a plug and play easy solution/recommendation for a new relay harness.

Thanks!

Headlights? Cheapest bump up is rewire from stock to new relays so power comes directly from battery. Then put on Silverstar 7in sealed beam.

After that my preference is
Delta
Or
Trucklight

Dont know a thing about the lights in the link.

Was talking about these.
This series of video convinced me on what LED was best for my taste.
There is one better but $$$$
https://youtu.be/syCRMmV0-Bg

Of you are using any equal or higher wattage yes rewire. The current goes through the multi function switch and all the wiring and causes a voltage drop. The drop results in dimmer light output.

Last edited:
You never need a winch until you NEED a winch. You should contact the manufacturer of your bumper to see if they recommend mounting a winch on their bumper. They'll probably be the best source of info on that. At the very least you should have some sort of recovery gear.;)

Last edited:
Back