Which plastic trim restorer is best for the wrangler? Let's find out!

Jeepinaround

If you have a wrangler you know the struggle with the plastic trim vs the sun over the years. There are many products on the market but which is best? We figured we would make this video showing a direct head to head comparison of all the products available over the counter vs an underdog. We were pleased with the results and will make a followup after 1 month of the 4 exposed to the elements. We hope you enjoy! Cheers!

I'm sold on the Back to Black. Price is reasonable. You spray and leave it if its sprayed evenly or buff it with terry cloth or micro-fiber cloth. I'm amazed how long it lasts and it beads water. After a rain you get water and dirt spots on the fenders and bumpers, I use the same cloth that I buffed with or add a quick spray to the cloth and clean it up. My fenders and bumpers look new, it takes about half the can to do it all. I also use it on my black wheels.

4kdA2p.jpg

You didn't try the heat gun. It's a one time restore but many swear by it.

Good comparison. Add an image a week or two including after washing.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Last edited:
I'm sold on the Back to Black. Price is reasonable. You spray and leave it if its sprayed evenly or buff it with terry cloth or micro-fiber cloth. I'm amazed how long it lasts and it beads water. After a rain you get water and dirt spots on the fenders and bumpers, I use the same cloth that I buffed with or add a quick spray to the cloth and clean it up. My fenders and bumpers look new, it takes about half the can to do it all. I also use it on my black wheels.

View attachment 23769

You didn't try the heat gun. It's a one time restore but many swear by it.

Good comparison. Add an image a week or two including after washing.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Thanks for the tips. Will make a 1 month follow up and also make a round 2 with 4 different products. In short, the results are vastly different and its been about 21 days. Cheers!

Thanks for the tips. Will make a 1 month follow up and also make a round 2 with 4 different products. In short, the results are vastly different and its been about 21 days. Cheers!

I'm looking forward to how they've fared after a month.

Back