Hub locked

JeepGrlCJ5

Hi, one of my hub locks is in the lock position (4 wheel) and won’t budge. The other went back to 2 wheel. It went fine into 4 wheel yesterday. A little dirty riding and a bath later and refuses to switch back. Any suggestions?
Thanks everyone!!
Jeep Girl

JeepGrlCJ5

While I've never done so on a jeep, I've taken apart several lock outs on Fords and cleaned/reinstalled. It could also be time to replace them. Warn hub locks are the best although I have had decent results with mile marker.

While I've never done so on a jeep, I've taken apart several lock outs on Fords and cleaned/reinstalled. It could also be time to replace them. Warn hub locks are the best although I have had decent results with mile marker.

Thanks Mark

You’re right, it’s likely time. Thank goodness it happened at home. I’d hate to be on a trail with just one stuck. The steering is awful!
Wonder if I should purposefully relock the other one. I don’t want to tear anything up!

JeepGrlCJ5

As I've gotten older I've started leaving the hubs locked on my F100 so I don't have to get out every time I put it in 4 wheel drive to go up my mountain driveway. As long as the transfer case isn't in 4 wheel it should be ok. My JK's hubs are always engaged by design.

Mark

I agree but you loose some mpg and steering being locked. But short term it will work.

I had a rear end go out and locked the front and made my f150 a front wheel drive. That was to get me home app 2 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back