2006 Intake Manifold

2006Rubicon

Hi, I'm new today so if I screw up or ask stupid questions sorry. I am rebuilding a 2006 4.0l Rubicon and have run into a snag with the intake manifold. It has a corner chipped off of it where the bolt goes through closest to the front exposing the intake port rendering it useless. I am trying to find a 2006 intake new and apparently they dont make them. So now onto used ones. I have heard that 1997-2004 all can be swapped but 2005-2006 are different. Can anyone confirm/deny this or point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance.

Yes 2004-2006 are different. However i need to look if they are interchangeable. The difference was to improve flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

So thats great then anything from 1997- 2006 will interchange and only change is airflow is what I understood. Do you know if the airflow difference to install a 2003 on a 2006 would be significant enough to cause performance issues or is this just a change for emissions? For example are my O2 sensors going to be creating problems if the amount of airflow is altered significantly?

Emissions. IDK most go from old to new.
You know Dorman makes a $175 replacement. Guaranteed not warped.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back