Power window in the cold

Joesmith

So my power window only goes down when the weather is cold. Once the vehicle warms up the window won’t go down.
It’s an 07 jk

anyone have this happen?

i have tested the wires already, they are fine all the way to the window motor.
the wires to the switches are fine.

Sounds like a switch issue.

If it's not the switch, try to re-lube the mechanism.

Perhaps a squirt of WD40 in the window channels could help ease the glide up or down. Opening up the inner door panel could reveal the culprit (debris) or problem wire/switch or lack of lube.

Up is not an issue warm or cold?
As mentioned start with checking and cleaning the switches and connector contacts.

up isn’t a problem warm or cold, as I said in the original post, all of the wires and connections from switch to window motor are fine.

The track and mechanism is all clean and in working order.
the motor doesn’t even make a noise like it’s trying to go down when it is warm.

i can hear the motor click/engage when I hit the switch “up” when the window is all the way up.

Ok I just thunk that the window channels may be slightly cocked, so as up is not a problem but coming down it wedges itself.

Why only when warm?

I read of 07-12 window issues. Some people turn the engine off and back on and the issue resets and the window starts working again.
Others state resetting the PCM works, but I don't see a module in the wiring diagram just switches. My Honda has a module and freezes once in a while so auto up and auto down doesn't work until you reset the module. I don't see that anywhere for the JK.
If there is no module then it is either switch, motor or connection.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk

Back