Need an Education !

IWant

Cj ; Yj ; Tj and Jk ........it's all making my head spin.
I want an older jeep I guess because I want a carb and points !
Can newer jeeps be retro'ed with a 302 v8 ; are they adaptable?
William

Sure you could put a carb’d V8 into anything. You will need some Fab experiences to cut and weld motor mounts.

Novak has a book on some combinations.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

My suggestion is to find a vintage Jeep in which to install your vintage motor. Mixing a Jeep with modern electronics like an ECU with an old school motor is just looking for complications.

But if you insist, one can stuff that engine into a newer Jeep. There are probably mate-up kits available and you'll need to be handy with fabrication and welding.

My suggestion is to find a vintage Jeep in which to install your vintage motor. Mixing a Jeep with modern electronics like an ECU with an old school motor is just looking for complications.

But if you insist, one can stuff that engine into a newer Jeep. There are probably mate-up kits available and you'll need to be handy with fabrication and welding.

You bring any ECU or PCM from the Donor or buy aftermarket. But part of the benefit of carborated engines is no ECU and no emission systems.

I want a solid jeep no rust ; I am fully capable of welding ; I have MIG and TIG . I just want a jeep the EMP's would not hurt.
I did a frame off on my 72 Bronco and sold it to get an MGB that was like new. Only had 33K on it and was kept in a garage all it's life....looks like a new 40+ year old car ! I miss my old Bronco and riding trails . I have always liked jeeps but never owned one. What advice as to years ; what to get what not to get. Not looking for rock crawler just dependable get in and go !
Hey thanks guys for the responses and I don't really need a V8 the I6 is pretty good just want a carb and distributor model.
What year should I look for? That is really my question.......And Thanks
William

Oh to add I don't want to have to restore it ; repairs are okay but what is the latest year I can look for before they went with computers !

I had a 1990 Cherokee that had fuel injection, where the wranglers different?

Hey IWant, I can dig your post about wanting to stick with old school points ignition, but for the advances over the years breakerless ignitions are much better. Black Betty is an old '78 running the Ford EEC 1 that I also found in my '81 Ford panel van. So I'm guessing that they're rather common and adaptable, although Ford went from EEC 1 to 2 and 3 and so on the EEC 4's though did have issues with engine compartment heat though. MSD makes a replacement control box for the ignition, but I'm holding off on that as doing the larger Ford cap and got away from my old canister coil to the modern kind BB's running like never before.
In another forum I was watching a guy that after getting into his 1st frame off CJ restoration he got another, and another and....
detailed thread though. ;)

Last edited:

Hey IWant, I can dig your post about wanting to stick with old school points ignition, but for the advances over the years breakerless ignitions are much better. Black Betty is an old '78 running the Ford EEC 1 that I also found in my '81 Ford panel van. So I'm guessing that they're rather common and adaptable, although Ford went from EEC 1 to 2 and 3 and so on the EEC 4's though did have issues with engine compartment heat though. MSD makes a replacement control box for the ignition, but I'm holding off on that as doing the larger Ford cap and got away from my old canister coil to the modern kind BB's running like never before. The task of drafting an essay becomes difficult. Dealing with a topic can be very challenging, particularly if it is complex. I seek assistance with Essaywritinglab in these situations. This enables me to finish the task quickly and maintain my health.
In another forum I was watching a guy that after getting into his 1st frame off CJ restoration he got another, and another and....
detailed thread though. ;)
It's all easy to implement now.

I want to entrust the most difficult tasks to ghostwriters. This way, I can reduce this burden and not put my estimates at risk, which is why I am looking for a reliable resource.

Back