YJ Wrangler High Idling

danielmeyer

94' YJ Wrangler 2.5L.
Just finished my project of changing my water pump, power steering pump, idler pulley, serpentine belt and now my Jeep is randomly idling at ~2,500 rpm when you start it, idle, and any time you aren't in gear. When it is in gear it just accelerates without hitting the gas. Previous to changing the other things it never had any idling issues whatsoever, and I am confused why it's having idling issues because I did nothing to idle controls. I have thoroughly cleaned the butterfly valve on the throttle body with carb cleaner. I used a volt meter to make sure that the throttle position sensor is working appropriately and it is. I cleaned the low throttle sensor, (I unplugged the low throttle sensor while it was running and nothing changed.. don't know if thats normal or not). I made sure all vacuum lines are connected and the clamps on the ends are on tight. The vacuum hose doesn't have any large cracks in it either. Brought it to my buddy who knows Jeeps and he was lost as well after those interventions did not work. It started idling higher now to about 3,000-3,500 rpm after cleaning everything. I really do not want to take it to a shop after doing so much on my own but I'm really lost at this point. Any advice is appreciated. :???:

Vacuum leak.
A big vac leak.
Clean the IAC being you cleaned the TB butterfly valve.

One sure fire way to verify big vac leak would bd to cover and seal the TB.
If it still runs with no air you have s leak.

I think one bolt for the power steering mount bolts into the intake. Could you have loosened the intake up?

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Last edited:
Back