1998 TJ Dash Swap - Will a 2000/2001 dash fit in my '98?

forkboy

Looking for some help with a dash swap I'm doing. I've rebuilt my 1998 TJ from the ground up, and my stock light grey dash doesn't go well with my new body color. I'm looking to get the darker dash which was available in the 2000 TJ's, but nobody seems to be able to tell me if the 2000 dash will fit in my 1998 body. Apparently some of the mounting points have changed, but the Chrysler people I've talked to don't know if that will be a problem.

Has anyone tried this? Help![addsig]

Go for it dude. Be a pioneer! Should not be too big of a problem. The only differences I can think of is that the head light switch on either 01 or 02 models was moved to the steering column and off the knee bolster!

I am assuming that it is just the plastics you want to change, With that in mind, you are going to retain your original gauge, and center dash section, the head light switch would be the only problem.

If also desired, there are companies the can "re-dye" your original dash any color, and might end up cheaper if you just want to "darken it"

Johnny[addsig]

Thanks Guys.

I'm considering just dying the thing, but I've heard some bad things about it. Supposedly the dash tends to wear badly...?

Anyone out there done a dash dye? How did it turn out?

Cheaper is better, as long as it doesn't look like crap![addsig]

Back