1988 YJ; what’s an acceptable purchase price???? Plz help

alirhea

Hello, I am thinking about purchasing a 1988 Jeep Wrangler and I’m wondering what they are actually worth?! The seller is asking 7500, is that too much???
It appears to be in great condition (body and interior) garage kept; on top (bikini)
it has a little over 100k miles
4cyl 4x4

i would greatly appreciate any opinions, I have NEVER owned a Jeep and am just looking to buy one for some summer fun!

Thanks ☺️☺️

Lots of questions on prices lately.

Carfax or equivalent

Use Kbb. Edumunds, cargurus... To compare prices. But really you need to inspect the frame and rot underneath. Then check all steering components....to find what needs to be replaced. Drive it and check for codes...

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
I was going to say that 7500 was high, but I just looked online and that doesn't seem to be out of line.

If you're looking for a YJ, I would get one that has fuel injection instead of a carb - I believe that started in 92.

I had a 4 cyl 94 yj, it was great on the trails .but a dog on the highway. But then again I had 33X12.5 tires on it which made it a challenge to do 55 mph. I would get a 6cyl. I bought a 94 yj, 6 cyl in good condition for 4500.

Seventy five hundred for a four banger I would hold out. Keep looking and you will find better. If you’re heart is set on it get we only live once.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

You have to appreciate this site, Talk Jeeps so many discussions over issues to make yours Great.

Back