We Install 4+ inches of lift on our Stock Height TJ with 38s!

Jeepinaround

[FONT=&quot]Hello everyone! We recently installed 4 inch dual rate skyjacker lift kit with nitrogen shocks and all the other good stuff on our jeep TJ! We created a full install video showing you exactly what it takes to get the job done as well as the end result! Spoiler alert, the lift kit said 4 inches but what we got was more! Cheers fam!

[/FONT]
https://youtu.be/uaprWsb0enY

Did skyjacker have in their directions to drill out a new hole for the stock track bar?

Little research or asking you would find that is not the best even if done right. Many do it because they can't afford the adjustable track bar and for a while adjustable ones were crap and stock was better.

You likely didn't center the tires. It's close and might not notice. And your flex will be limited by the frame side Tye rod end binding.

Second, you wallowed out the holes so your bolt will move. Welcome DW. And with those big tires lots of parts will be damaged. Because it can move, you have an ever changing alignment. Bye bye tires.

Lastly the metal around the bolt holding it to the axel is much thinner. Expect it to tear off.

I suggest you get an adjustable front track bar and use the original hole but use the largest bolt to go through both the axel holes and the bar. Then tighten the crap out of the bolt. I suggest just based on the wallowed out hole.

Welded in bump stops.... Yeah that's stock suspension. My guess is they tried to return it to stock before selling.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
Oh yeah... You didn't change the brake line length. I didn't notice you moving the clip point either. With 4 in lift your articulation is limited by the brake line. You might rip it off going over a curb at the mall.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Last edited:

One more when installing. Since you were replacing the control arms. You could either replace them first. Or unbolt the lower control arm to give more clearance to get springs in and out without the spring compressor. The stock lower arms bind at the axel limiting droop. New tubular shouldn't otherwise they will limit articulation.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Back