looking into buying used jeep- but issue with leak- let them fix or run away now?

stevensinger111

[FONT=&quot]Hola all- been looking into joining the Jeep Wrangler family to have a summer car. Make good money but like most millennial - student debt out the ass. Was looking at wranglers under 6K in NJ which was a farce - every single one had tons of issues. I increased my budget to 10K at this point and saw a 4 door at a dealership that seemed great! it had a lot of mileage but it was 2007 and well kept. When looking under the car, I did notice a spot near the oil pan that was leaking. All of these cars have rust but most seems superficial I can get that fixed by a family member, especially the frame. This leak seems to be an issue, but do you think the dealership will address it? Or will they just throw a quick patch on it that'll last 2 months and go? It is a large dealership. What is the leaking spot anyway? Or should I say no and just run away from this car (like most cars I've seen). This is literally the THIRD wrangler Ive looked at that had this same leak
[/FONT]
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 6.55.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-04 at 6.55.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-04 at 6.12.22 PM.png

Rear main seal leak. This needs to be fixed properly.

I wouldn't walk away but would want at least 60 day full warranty on drivetrain. This way any cleared codes or leaks or results from the leak are covered.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
Back