New to the forum - need advice?

GirlJeep

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this great forum and would really appreciate some advice/pointers as I am sure there have been many discussions on this topic. I'm not new to Jeep (on my 4th!) but I am new to towing. I want to buy a trailer that can accommodate 4 people that my 2013 Wrangler Sahara (3.6L CYL Gasoline Non-Turbo (ERB) can handle. I think the max weight is 2000 lbs, but I'd really love some recommendations from experienced campers about great, lightweight trailers and the best tow package to add.

Thanks so much in advance for your wisdom!

Deb (GirlJeep)

You have to be careful with trailers on jeeps. Even when below weight a trailer can end up wiping you around in the wind. Check out etrailer.com

I'm assuming family. Adults and children.
You looking for a full trailer or a pop-up?

Personally I taken my jeep on ~ 30 camping trips. I'd say 80% was tent or hammock. We were in groups so food & equipment sharing was planned.

I've seen some crafty jeep mods for camping. Some ready to buy are the roof top tents. There are some off road trailers that pop up.

I'd also recommend renting one before buying.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
Is that a 2 door Jeep or a 4 door?

I've towed a number of times with my 2 door Jeep, and it's not my favorite thing. My Jeep can pull anything without problem, but as JPNinPA mentioned, the wind will move you all over the interstate. I would also note that my Jeep at least wasn't built to stop a trailer.

As to renting a trailer - that's a great suggestion, just remember that U-Haul won't rent tow behinds to a softtop Jeep.

Last edited:
No they will not rent uhaul but a pop up is different. I'd at least try.

Regards,
JPNinPA

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. -Jesse Jackson

Came across these today.

YouTube

YouTube

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back