I am going to start my lift in the morning!

Tug-n-pull

OK I have said it a thousand times, Tug is not a wrench by any strech of the imagination but in the morning I am going to tackle the job of settin these 3" springs and all the other componants under ol Jeezabell the Jeep. If you are of the praying faith please do so, if not wish me well, cast a spell, spit through a horse shoe or what ever it is you do to give ol tug an edge. I plan to take a bunch of pics and mesurements and document this endever. Laws have mercy I am in over my head this time. tug

PS if any of you just happen to be in the area you are welcome to stop by and give me a hand! I will buy the gatorade! hehehehe :cool: [addsig]

Good luck! Oh by the way, how do i get to your house? :lol: [addsig]

you will be alright.but good luck just in case ha ha.just take your time and everything will go smooth.i did mine by myself.and it was not bad at all.see you on the other side! :cool: [addsig]

Hey Tug, I know you are doing a spring lift but are you doing anything with your shackles? If you aren't doing any kind of shackle lift, while it's all apart you might want to think about replacing the stock shackles with something stronger even if it's stock size. The stock jeep shackles are very flimsy and prone to breaking....something you don't want to happen if you're far from home off road. I know of 3 guys in my local 4 wheel drive club who have all broken the stock shackles on their YJ's. Also, with the rear driver's side shackle bolt that goes through the spring you will either have to cut it off or lower the gas tank because most go in from the gas tank side. It's easiest to just cut the bolt off and replace it rather than lower the gas tank. If you replace it, install it from the outside instead of from inside.

edited by: Craig, Jun 09, 2003 - 04:40 PM[addsig]

Tug, good luck bro!!

If you have any questions, I did my lift a couple of weeks ago and can answer any question you have! The info is still fresh in my noggin! I did a 4" lift with 1/2 shackles
t/c drop, pitman arm, brake lines, and a couple of other goodies, so I had the whole thing apart.

Johnny[addsig]

jps I may take you up on that! Snitty what flavor shall I ice down! Craig stock shackles for now but there are some in the works! JE420EP thanks for the vote of confidence!cj5steve the other side sounds good! Jeep grill I live in the Evergreen section of town just tell call when you get close I will pick you up! Thanks for the support. Tug
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D [addsig]

hey, good luck man... i hope your luck is better than mine, it took me a WEEK to get my lift on.......................................................

read my tech section on my website if you haven't already... http://dingus.tqhosting.com/jeep/[addsig]

Had mine done in 2 nights (3 hrs a night). Toughest thing about it was getting the bolts out of the shackle bushings. [addsig]

The day went not as planed. I spent the day doing everything in the world but working on the jeep. That is ok maybe I will get to start in the morning! I do now have a pitman arm tool and a good torque wrench. Jacks and stands on stand by. all the parts are set out and accounted for, and another shot of WD40 on all the old fastners and joints that need to be monkeyed with. Ahhhhhh maybe in the morning. tug[addsig]

well.. 2 months ago, i would have said to go with fruit punch... but they did the impossible and came up with an even better flavor... berry-citrus[addsig]

Give that WD40 away, but give it to a ricer and not a Jeeper :lol: All it'll do is make your wrench slip off :-O Get a couple cans of PB Blaster from any auto parts store, Walmart, or Farm Supply, it's the best penetrant out there. Spray everything a few times a day, a few days before you start, if you still have time. Concentrate on the leaf spring's shackle bolts and frame hanger bolts. Also hit the shock bolts, sway bar links, and track bar bolts.

Don't forget before and after pics :-D Good Luck.[addsig]

OK I found the PB Blaster and I have a couple of cans. Everything is soaked down with it and I even put a dab behind my ears. Not only do I hear better but momma tug seems to be crazy for the stuff. If this all works out I may be a very happy man before morning. tug ;-) :p ;-) [addsig]

Back