Do I NEED...

ajfrank43

Do I need 1 inch taller motor mounts? I see these 1in. taller motor mounts that say they improve drive line angles, and I wounder if I can benifit from these. Can anyone tell me anythnig that you may know about these taller motor mounts. Also I have a 1in. body lft so thats not an issue. Please let me know Thanks AJ.[addsig]

i think you only need motor mounts only if you go with a 3' body lift or if your putting a bigger engine on your jeep other than that you'll be ok[addsig]

Harry hit it right on the nose. No need for it unless you are having vibes from the rear driveline angles, then raising the motor 1" will point the transfer case rear output slightly down, helping ease driveline angles.[addsig]

Most people, myself included, went with the MM kit and BL to get rid of the TC lowering kit. I'm sure you got an SYE/CV driveshaft.... so I dont see why you might need one, unless like others said your experencing vibes????
:-? [addsig]

Well I wasn't getting any vibrations until I recently installed a 1.25 spacer kit. Now I get vibrations at higher speeds like 50 and up. I thought maybe this taller motor mount kit would help out. It wouldn't bother anything if I did the kit, would it? Also yes I have a SYE and CV drive shaft.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the front driveshaft would it?

THANKS AJ[addsig]

Since you installed the spacer kit, are your pinions still at the correct angle, pointed at the transer case outputs? It may just be a matter of correcting pinion angle for the new height.

MM Lifts also help when using a custom belly skid, gets the transfer case up higher so you can use a flat crossmember. I'll be doing it soon, with a custom seperate transmission mount.[addsig]

Back