SCAM alert at JC Whitney.

JeepinSE

I just bought an Airaid throttle body spacer at jcw.com and after the transaction I was offered $10 off a future purchase for filling out a survey. Sounds good huh? Well I filled out the survey and then was notified that I had joined the "reservation rewards" club. What is this I thought? It sent me to a web page to let me know I could get discounts and movies and for travel through this club. I think, what's the harm? I don't think I'd every use their discounts, but if the need ever arose, it'd be available.

One problem though, this little voice in the back of my head told me something wasn't right. I looked around the website and could find nothing about being charged for this, but did see something that said I would receive an email with more details. I waited for the email. When it arrived, I scoured the whole message. Hidden at the end of the email was a notice that I would be charged $7 per month to be in this club. It stated it would be automatically charged to my credit card. They showed the last 4 digits of my credit card as the card that would be charged.

How did these guys get all my info and my credit card number? I never gave it to them, just to JC Whitney. Screw that!!! I immediately found how to cancel this membership and did. If any charges from this club show on my bill, I will dispute them. Most importantly, I will not due any business with JC Whitney in the future.

There may have been some small print explaining that you're joining this club, but the site was designed to not make that apparent. I'm very good at noticing such things, and I didn't see anything. Watch out for this SCAM! Be very careful when ordering from jcw.com.[addsig]

I hear you on that good buddy.Thats why I never fill out ANY discount forms or offers over the internet.They will just screw you over.(most of the time)Thanks for the warning. :wink: Sully[addsig]

I saw the same thing today. I have seen the same thing on other web stores before. That $7.00 is hidden very well way down inthe information. I bet tons of people get suckered into that every day.[addsig]

So that's how they pay for all of those
nice shiney catalogs...

Here's a thought, put it to them..

Order all their catalogs online,
use your Avatar if you like, I did,
no Bank info required, have it sent
to your PO or Work address.

No worries..

Those things are exspensive,
AND Fantastic Resources for
product research,, even if you
don't buy... I won't. :evil: