Parking brake cables for lifted YJ, how?

TE94YJ

We have a 94 YJ Wrangler Sahara with 3.5 inch spring lift plus 1/2 inch lift from 1 inch extended boomerang shackles. So, 4 inches total.

I need advice on how to handle the rear parking brake cables. I've searched for extended cables and relocation brackets.

A solution would be greatly appreciated.

We will have a similar issue for the ABS sensor cables. Any thoughts on whether we should cut and splice them versus fabricating a hangar to drop them.

This is my first post. If it is smarter to separate the e cable question and the ABS question into two posts please let me know.

Thank you,
TE94YJ

The maker of your lift should either sell or have referrals to extended parking brake and extended ABS cables. I suggest checking their web site or giving them a call.

My Rubicon Long Arm kit came with everything I needed fir the parking brake. My Jeep is pre-ABS so I did not have that hurdle to cross.

Thanks for your response Jeepergeo. I'm helping out my son with this project and unfortunately he did not start with a kit if that is what you meant by the "maker of the lift". I have referred to the websites and installation pdfs of kit makers for clues but have yet to pick up the phone. Surely my son knows the spring maker. I will start there.

Back