94 YJ Broken Frame. Front Drivers Side at steering gear box all the way to shocktower

danielmeyer

Was driving my Jeep (non lifted 4 cyl) and started to turn and heard a loud snap and my steering became incredibly loose (1.5 rotations before steering engaged) so I immediately went back home. When I got home I looked at the frame and it snapped from the steering gear box all the way back to right before the shock tower. I've spent over a month trying to find a new frame section that was long enough to replace the excessively long broken frame and finally found a new frame piece by Safe T Cap, Front Frame Section Extended (ART-102EX-L) Driver Side for $250. I am purchasing it this week but realized that there is not a replacement track bar bracket that I need to get as well because it was welded on to the broken frame that I am cutting off. I am looking online but not having much luck for replacement NON-lifted track bar mounts, only seeing ones for any and all kinds of lifts. Anyone got any advice on where to find another track bar mount? There are practically no YJ wranglers in any junk yards here in Indiana. Im not sure if i could pull one off of a similar year cherokee? Has anyone with a YJ had a front drivers section frame break at the steering gear box from frame rot as well? Its really bumming me out not getting to drive my jeep during the summer. :-|

Back