Jeep Wrangler AC buzzing noise

JaredHB

So I was driving my Jeep on a very hot day so I had my AC cranked all the way up and noticed a buzzing noise coming from the AC which goes away at a lower setting or off does anyone know what this buzzing noise could be as It was not doing this last week thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Try to check the contractor relay of your jeep. There might be an electrical issue which causes the buzzing noise on your AC.

There is no filter in the internal cabin HVAC. It could be something in the fan. At one point my HVAC sucked up a receipt causing a loud buzz.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

A piece of paper/trash was my first thought also. If that is the case the noise will be there with the fan on high even if the AC is turned off.

A piece of paper/trash was my first thought also. If that is the case the noise will be there with the fan on high even if the AC is turned off.

Yeah, The statement “lower setting off”is a bit confusing. I understood this as fan setting low to off not the temp setting or mode setting. If AC temp or zone select that has AC and Defrost. That may have different causes.

@ OP do you mean fan speed setting?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
Back