Question about putting mods on a 2020 4cyl

Lala88

Hi Everyone! I’m a newb here but I’ve been doing my research for a min on purchasing a 2020 Jeep 2.0 4cyl Wrangler Sahara with the following mods:

2.5 in Rouch Country Suspendion Lift Kit
22x12 Fuel Blitz Wheels
35x12.50R20 Nitto Ridge Grapple Tires

Mu question is do you tbink the 4cyl will be enough power for those mods? Or should I be looking at 6cyl?

Thanks guys! I’d appreciate any info!

Last edited:

Are you planning on re-gearing, or running the stock gears? Any idea what the existing gears are?

What size tires do you currently have?

2.5 in Rouch Country Suspendion Lift Kit
22x12 Fuel Blitz Wheels
35x12.50R20 Nitto Ridge Grapple Tires

Mu question is do you tbink the 4cyl will be enough power for those mods? Or should I be looking at 2cup?

Not sure what a 2cup is but your planned build plans are solid. Do a bit more research on the RC lift as there are other brands with better reputation and quality. Moving up to 35s will require some adjustment as the turbo does need to spin at the right optimal rpms. But you can always upgrade the axle ratios later or sooner if performance is compromised.

On my 91 yj 4 cyl. I had 33x12.5 tires. On the highway and going up hill you are not going to be happy with big tires on a 4 cyl. On the trails it was great, but a dog on the highway. Going 35 mph uphill on a paved road, I didn't care to much for it.

Last edited:

I wonder if there have been enough changes in the 2020 Wrangler to make this less of an issue. If he's already got 33s, going to 35s may not be that big of a deal.

I suspect you're right Gennybro, that 35s are going to be hard on the 4 banger without some serious gearing changes.

Are you planning on re-gearing, or running the stock gears? Any idea what the existing gears are?

What size tires do you currently have?

I don’t have the Jeep yet but it would be a Sahara which I believe come with 17’s. Prob running on stock gears.

Not sure what a 2cup is but your planned build plans are solid. Do a bit more research on the RC lift as there are other brands with better reputation and quality. Moving up to 35s will require some adjustment as the turbo does need to spin at the right optimal rpms. But you can always upgrade the axle ratios later or sooner if performance is compromised.

*6cyl

Yeah I’m doing more and more research to find out that Rough Country’s Lift Kit isn’t the best compared to others.

Definitely thinking about choosing a 6 cylinder for sure now.

it would be a Sahara which I believe come with 17’s

My 2010 Sahara came from the factory with 18" rims. The Rubicon comes with 17s.

I'd think that the cost of regearing at a shop would be similar to the price difference between the 4 and the 6. You'd be better off starting with the 6 if it's in your budget.

Back