Hot Floor Boards

Deerhunter30

I'm having a lot of fun tinkering with my 1983 CJ7. I have only had it a week and I have improved it quite a bit without spending too much money. I have a hard top, full doors and AC. I have spent some time trying to seal up the jeep to keep the hot air outside and the cool air inside. I live in Houston and with 90-100+ degree summers, AC is nice to have. The one thing that I have noticed is that the floor board on the driver's side is VERY hot due to the exhaust. Is there anything that I can do to help with that?[addsig]

Do you not have the Carpet. the TJ carpet is supposed to be an insulator for hot floorboards. Maybe you can get that and cut it to fit your CJ.[addsig]

I think most CJs have that problem... atleast I know mine does. Its the heat from the catalytic converter that gets the floor so hot.[addsig]

Under the STOCK late cj floor mats there is normally a tin foil like material that is there for insolation.If you dont have this material your floor will heat up like an oven. :wink: Sully[addsig]

Build or go to the junk yard and rob a heat shield of one of the jap cars. Just a simple light weight piece of metal between you and the exaust will help a bunch. tug[addsig]

Back