258 L6 Crankshaft not setting correctly with Brand new Main Bearings.

Bought a Used 1990 Wrangler with the 4.2 L6 258. Three weeks after purchase lost most of the oil pressure so I decided to rebuild the Motor. After getting a new crank from a reputable machine shop and buying appropriately undersized bearings, .020 under for Main and Rod, After installing the new Mains and lubing them up with assembly lube real nice as i set the Crank in it seems to bind up on the #1 main bearing by the rear main seal. after checking multiple retailers i am sure i have the correct Bearing set. I also checked the old bearings with the old crank and am realizing this is happening with the old ones as well. Its my impression that the bearings should fit nice and snug around the Journal but also with lube should allow the crank to spin and not bind with the Bearings. I am not sure what is wrong.

Main Bearing Set
Unusual Activity Detected - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

First call Summit. There may be an issue with their site. I bought a flywheel off of there site and called. Both them and I used their site to find and order the flywheel. Only to have it delivered and noticing it is for a 4cyl not 6cyl. Other part shops are having this issue. Found an issue on NAPA too.
Go to the mfg website or call to verify.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back