2005 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ) 4.0l I6 6 speed manual can’t find a replacement reverse lig

JPNinPA

Found the same. Even at the dealer site. How many wires going to the connector?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

So I have a 2005 Jeep Wrangler X with the 6 speed manual. I need to replace the reverse light switch connected to the transmission but cannot find the correct part number. The original is a three prong connection, however every replacement I have found has a 2 prong connection and not a 3 prong, and is also fairly different in style. Will try and post pictures of mine verse the ones everyone swears is the right one for Jeep. Any help or part number would be greatly appreciated.

My reverse light switch is the first picture and the ones everyone keeps trying to tell me is the replacement is the second picture: (The bracket is also thicker in the new ones and the switch is smaller and looks like it could be serviceable)

IMG_1882.JPG

Image1608519337.106321.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Honestly not sure, the switch has three so we automatically assumed the wrong part number as i believe their are multiple types for the TJ. Just like i hear everyone else saying that theirs is on the drives side while mine is on the passenger side

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Back