Aftermarket Switch Installation

sawtooth1649

Hi All,
I'm stuck and am banging my head against a wall looking for a solution. Hoping you all can help. I bought my wife a light bar and floods for Christmas for her 2017 JK. I also purchased upgraded wiring harnesses for each set. I'm good with the wiring and installation, but can't figure out where to put the additional switches. Do I need to purchase a new plate and cut holes into the console, or can I drop them into the spare slots of the factory console (don't think they fit)? I'm fairly handy, but don't want to operate unless I have to. Any advice is welcome, except the "throw it out and bring it to a shop" :p.

There are aftermarket switched that fit empty slots or entire rows of switches.
Quadratec.com
4wD.com
And others have them. Search JK switch panel

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

I would shy away from cutting the console. I'd probably try and use an open (blanked out) switch panel. That's what I did on my TJ - I bought a switch for a hardtop rear wiper, and mounted in my soft-top TJ, in one of the unused switch spots.

I see a few cool ones on Ebay for your Jeep:

On the A pillar - Hooke Road Left A Pillar Switch Pod 4 Rocker Switches Fit 11-18 Jeep Wrangler JK | eBay

cacheJeepzImage.php

or one that mounts under the console - Lower Console Switch Panel 2011 to 2017 For Jeep Wrangler JK JKU X 17235.54 | eBay

cacheJeepzImage.php

cacheJeepzImage.php

IMG_20180422_020917_edit.jpgIMG_20180421_100857.jpgIMG_20180422_022709_edit.jpgIMG_20180516_095553.jpg
The S-Tech switch system organized and simplified all my 12V accessories that I want in my JK. The S-Tech is affordable and simple to install as only one bundled cable enters the Jeep and all future 12V accessory are connected under the hood. Only one rectangle cut out of the windshield trim is needed and this inexpensive trim is replaceable.

• S-Tech switch pod mounts directly into the plastic trim above the mirror. Other competitive units mount onto the footman loop with brackets and tape which can reduce access to the hard top latches and most have an open area on top of the unit
  • Made-in-USA
  • 3 yr warranty
  • OEM look and style
  • Custom rockers available
  • Power control module box is smaller than competitive units

That looks pretty sharp.
Is that a stock rear view mirror? I'm guessing there's something like a backup camera in there right?

Console zoom 1.jpg This is on my other rig but what I did was get this panel from Wish.com for $10 and sacrificed a cupholder

Attachments

• Console installed 1.jpg
    Console installed 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
My switches came with labels, but no instructions on installation. Does the central square light lens lift up?

I think he means these
IMG_2160.JPG

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

That's quite a load of switches, I have the labels just need to know how to lift up those little squares to put the labels underneath, or are they intended to apply over the lens?

Thanks aggreX, I noticed a Backup Alarm Disable dedicated switch which is just what I'd need if I ran more than a four gang switch panel. I did see those rocker parts with the custom text, pretty slick.

Back