Lift kit recommendations

Yj93

I have a 93 YJ that I think has 2 inch body lift and a 2.5 inch suspension lift I'm looking for recommendations for replacement kits

It currently rides very rough

I have a limited budget and It will be my daily driver so looking for reliable kits that ride well on highway i won't be doing much off-roading so I'm less concerned about the ride off-road vs on-road I'm looking for a reliable kit that's easy to install

Thanks for your feedback

Last edited:

Look at old man emu. OME. Soft ride and high recommendations. The 2 in body lift is 3/4 in too high. Puts lots of stress on the bolts.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Here is what i know. Factory body mounts are rubber. They take a bit of harshness out of each bump for both you and the body. Also during high articulation, the twist.
There are synthetic that are stiffer and anything from poly to full metal mounts.

Similar for body lifts. Some replace existing mounts and some sit on top of existing. Those that sit on top range from poly to metal. Sitting on top of stock does not add harshness. However, as you go up there is more stress on the bolts and mounts. Stress comes with each twist, turn and articulation. This is why 1-1 1/4 in body lift is considered a limit.
Not stating people haven’t run for years with a 2” +5 in body lift but everyone has different roads and driving styles.

Last edited:

I actually don't know what size body lift l have the mounts are almost 2 in tall overall

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Jeepz.com mobile app

I will be getting replacement body pucks from Crown automotive. And the Rubicon express 4" standard suspension system with twin tube shocks. And Bora wheel spacers. Though I haven't decided what size yet. Also does anybody have any idea where I could get a transfer case linkage that isn't a cable or doesn't cost a hundred bucks. It will be stock body monts so just a stock transfer case linkage for the 2 wheel to 4 wheel.
I will post before and after pictures

Feedback is appreciated

If you are looking for stock.
Quadratec.com
4wd.com
Rock auto

Teraflex makes an after market one.

Last edited:
Back