Help help help

Jeep in Naples

Hey guys, I have a 2008 Wrangler and the hazards will not turn off. I have pulled every fuse and replaced the TIPM and no luck. Maybe it is an alarm but I do not have a remote. I live in Naples, Italy go just running to a Jeep dealer is an issue please help!

Thanks

Chris

Push the flasher button in and out many times. Possibly something was spilt or dirt got in.

Other thoughts:

Check battery

Check/replace key fob battery

Check/clean key fob panic button.

Does your horn work? If not it may be an alarm system.
Any lights on the dash blinking? Besides the flashers? Alarm or CEL? Does it start and stay running?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
Thanks

I tried pushing the button several times

Yes the horn works

Yes it runs

I do not have a key fob

Any other ideas?

Thanks mate

Get your battery load tested. Low battery voltage does weird things.
A simple but not full test is to measure battery voltage before start. 12.6V
During start when cranking it should not drop to or below 10V more like 11V

Once running it should read 14.4V

Disconnecting the battery then try to start. This drains app stored power and resets the PCM. Reconnect the battery and see if it continues. If so you need a TIPM reset.

This is done by removing battery then disconnect and clean the terminals of the wiring loom on the underside of the TIPM. Clean any corrosion. Reconnect it all.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone...I am going to try the load test (just because I already took the TIPM out, cleaned it and it has been off battery for a while)

Is there any way to do like a "hard reboot" of the electrical system?

Jeep Wrangler JK: How to Reset Your ECU
Step 1 – Remove the positive (red) battery cable. Use your wrench or ratchet to remove the positive battery cable. ...
Step 2 – Ground the red cable to the negative terminal. ...
Step 3 – Reconnect the positive battery cable. ...
Step 4 – Turn on your Jeep. ...
Step 5 – Cycle the headlights. ...
Step 6 – Turn the key off and remove.

Have you swapped any relays?

Also consider disconnecting the switch to determine if the switch is broken.
I understand the doors have something to do with the security system and blinking flashers. Might try unplugging the doors to see if it stops,

Also consider resetting cables to the PCM.

After that my top guess would be something sharing a ground or ground point with the flasher is resistive or bad. This will result in the current path changing and forcing power through the hazard circuit.

Last edited:
Thanks man I am going to try all of the above...I will let you know. I appreciate it...come to Naples and I will get you a pizza (best in the world)

That sounds nice! Thank you.

Good luck!

So the hazards are on and flashing constantly...? Just verifying the flashing part.

Have you contacted/called Jeep?

Next i would see if there is a pCM check. The flasher signal comes from the switch to the PCM then to the flasher. Im uncertain if the flasher relay exists snd is under the column or not.

Yes they are flashing...I did not even think to call Jeep..I will....also I will look for the relay by the PCM...man you are big help, thanks

Yes they are flashing...I did not even think to call Jeep..I will....also I will look for the relay by the PCM...man you are big help, thanks

I may have confused something.
I don’t think there is a flasher relay on JK models i believe the signal comes from the PCM. Call jeep to determine cause. Also if there is a PCM test to determine if the PCM is faulty. I hope not but if there is no alarm and no relay and the switch is good...thats the only thing left. Well grounds and low voltage ad stated earlier.

Well it just got fixed 2 days ago. 3 exposed wires were touching a screw on the frame. I had the fenders re-done a while ago and when they put them back on somehow they did it to the wires....man what a gremlin!

Glad you got it fixed. Those are the worst along with replacing bad parts with “new” bad parts.

Wiring issues like that can be a bear to find. Yrs ago my truck had a short in the wiring harness that took me a month to find, every time I put the tester on it the probe completed the circuit. Glad you got yours figured out!

Back