Dealth wobble????

Annie07

I need help 07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I have replace the steering stabilizer 3 time with in 1.5. What can I do to fix this??

It is usually caused by worn steering components. Here's my full write-up
Wrangler death wobble - What causes it and how to fix it

I've found the most common component is usually the trackbar. I'll get death wobble every couple of years, and I usually end up replacing the trackbar and tie rod ends. You'll need an alignment after that, so it can get expensive quick.

Check your entire front suspension for any extra wiggle, including all joints and connections. Check wheel/tire balance using a dynamic balancer...if too much weight needs to be added, remove the tire and reposition it on the rim. Do the check with the front end unloaded. Also, have the alignment checked and adjusted.

It would also help to know if any non factory mods have been made such as tires, wheels, spacers, shocks, springs, lift, etc.

Welcome!
DW could damage many steering and suspension parts.

Start with replacing the track bar. Use the largest bolts to fit through both sides. The idea is to take away all play in this component. From stock the bolts are too thin diameter. Tighten to spec.

Then do a dry steer test to find any failing components like TRE’s, ball joints, bearings or control arm bushings.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:

Could be caused by a number of things such as issues with the following: Steering Knuckles, Front Track Bar,Ball Joints, Drag Link/Tie Rod Ends, Upper Control Arms/Lower Control Arms and Suspension Bushings.

Back