Some help please!

JaredHB

1.On my 2010 Jeep Wrangler JK whenever I’m going down a bumpy road or off road every little bump I do it makes a ton of squeaks non stop. It never does it on big potholes though just little holes or uneven ground. I thought it could be old rear shocks as they had been on there for the majority of the Jeep’s life so I put new ones on and it still didn’t solve the problem. Any idea what that could be?
2. The second thing I’ve got going on is whenever I’m driving at a constant speed of around 40 or 50mph just like down the highway I get a high pitched squeaking noise kind of like how breaks sound when they get really old but it goes for like 3 second stops then after like another 3 seconds I get another and this one doesn’t happen all the time I can go some drives without a noise and some drives where I hear it the whole time

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

1.) The squeaks could be dust getting in the brakes and spring perches. The vehicle flexes more off road then when hitting a pothole. Do a dry steer test and look for worn balljoints, tye rod ends, track bar and control arm bushings. Also check u joints. Any play in them replace. Could also be sway bar bushings and end links when flexing. If they are dry or dusty they may squeak.

2.) the squeeling could be a wheel bearing or u joint. Again check for play.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
Breaks, wheel bearings and front hubs would be my initial suspects. I've had some sketchy behavior out of u-joints before, but not sure I've encountered the kind of squeaking or describing. Nevertheless definitely give them a look too. If you told me your AC was not blowing cold I would also tell you to check on your u-joints. And by you u-joints, I mean those on your front and rear drive shafts along with those on your front axle shafts.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Back