1. trouble removing d-rings shackles from my new to me rock slide engineering bumpers

sorry if it has been already covered.i had no luck on the search engine.i soaked my d-rings 2 nights with pb blaster they will not budge.how can i remove them.i need to get them off before i get my bumpers line-x.

Re: trouble removing d-rings shackles from my new to me rock slide engineering bumper

If they are like mine, they have a flat portion with a hole in it.

trouble removing d-rings shackles from my new to me rock slide engineering bumpers-230485.jpg

I know that you can put a screwdriver in the hole and twist. I've also used a very large crecent wrench (or regular wrench) to turn the flat part
    My 2005 Wrangler Build Thread

ďHe who is without oil shall throw the first rod.Ē -Compressions 8.7:1

Re: trouble removing d-rings shackles from my new to me rock slide engineering bumper

If you will not damage other items, use heat. Heat the nut end up cherry hot and then try. The delta in thermal expansion between metal and rust, breaks the rust. Then penetrating oil can work. Twist the bolt end back and forth. Any movement further breaks down the rust.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson
    "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up" - Jesse Jackson

Get some big channel locks and put it on the flat end of the screw and either depending on direction the screw is facing put the ring against the bumper(only do if you have steel bumper) and push down on the channel locks. If itís the other way threading do the opposite. Channel locks on bumper and push on the ring itís self. Works for me every time

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

Thanks to all who replied.I tried Jaredh's idea with the channel locks & they came off .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk