1978 CJ5 360 (read 304) Radiator Recovery tank search

Turbogus

Hi gang,
It's been a long while since I last posted and I'm hoping to find the correct Radiator Overfill Tank for 'Black Betty' she's a 1978 CJ5 with a 360 (read 304) motor and while it has an aftermarket dingus on the radiator support, it lacks a Pickup Tube as many of the aftermarket ones I've seen available. Did not the V8's of the '70's have a Recovery Tank at all and mounted on the left inner fender?

IDK. I cant find a pn or diagram for it.

Flex-a-lite has a video about expansion tanks or overflow bottles. Are we looking for the correct part name?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

I have a brand new SS overflow tank 3" X 9" Novak Part # OT6081 that was purchased from Novak for a small block conversion that was never used with the mounting bracket.
If you are interested, please text me at (908)403-8900 and I will ship it to you. It is polished stainless steel with the matching cap and has 2 nipples that feed into it.
LMK, Jeff Dorn

Thanks Handy, not ready to pull the trigger on one yet, just trying to find out what's stock.

Sorry gang, it seems that I can no longer post photos to show what I mean about this dingus.

You should be able to post photos. Are you logged in through a pc or i-something? Web based or app?

The url worked. I directly upload to jeepz anymore.
]img] path/name.jpg]img] doesn’t work for all.
Movies and other file formats do not work for me.

So i surfed pics on the net and saw both setups. However i could only see parts for what you already have.

That's all I've found too. Man I miss Mac of Mac's Jeeparts, he was a master of everything from flatties to FC's and everything in between. I'm not having any overheating issues and since running her out on the road a few times now I think the coolant on the floor and drip pan was from the last time I topped off the radiator a couple of years ago.

Maybe you pushed the bubble out driving it around more.
Check your hose connections to the reservoir tank.

Floor? As in cab floor?

:) it was the floor of my garage, in the drip pan JPN. I think it was from over a year ago though. No sign of new leaks yet.

Back