1978 CJ5 360 (read 304) Radiator Recovery tank search

Hi gang,
    It's been a long while since I last posted and I'm hoping to find the correct Radiator Overfill Tank for 'Black Betty' she's a 1978 CJ5 with a 360 (read 304) motor and while it has an aftermarket dingus on the radiator support, it lacks a Pickup Tube as many of the aftermarket ones I've seen available. Did not the V8's of the '70's have a Recovery Tank at all and mounted on the left inner fender?
    Quick fixes are so named for how long they stay fixed.
    If you run out of gas, no matter which way you decide to push, the closest gas station will always be uphill and in the other direction. Corollary: The likelihood of running out increases when all of the nearby gas stations are closed.
    The parts shop that stocks part for Skylab II will not have parts for our year/model of Jeep.
    We cannot accurately judge the trajectory of a speeding critter (cat, dog, sasquatch).

Re: 1978 CJ5 360 (read 304) Radiator Recovery tank search

IDK. I cant find a pn or diagram for it.

Flex-a-lite has a video about expansion tanks or overflow bottles. Are we looking for the correct part name?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson
    "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up" - Jesse Jackson

3. Re: 1978 CJ5 360 (read 304) Radiator Recovery tank search

I have a brand new SS overflow tank 3" X 9" Novak Part # OT6081 that was purchased from Novak for a small block conversion that was never used with the mounting bracket.
    If you are interested, please text me at (90403-8900 and I will ship it to you. It is polished stainless steel with the matching cap and has 2 nipples that feed into it.
    LMK, Jeff Dorn

4. Re: 1978 CJ5 360 (read 304) Radiator Recovery tank search

My cell is 9*0*8*4*0*3*8*9*0*0

Thanks Handy, not ready to pull the trigger on one yet, just trying to find out what's stock.

Sorry gang, it seems that I can no longer post photos to show what I mean about this dingus.
    If you run out of gas, no matter which way you decide to push, the closest gas station will always be uphill and in the other direction. Corollary: The likelihood of running out increases when all of the nearby gas stations are closed.
    The parts shop that stocks part for Skylab II will not have parts for our year/model of Jeep.
    We cannot accurately judge the trajectory of a speeding critter (cat, dog, sasquatch).

You should be able to post photos. Are you logged in through a pc or i-something? Web based or app?

I'm ever posting on my PC JPN. Both from Computer 20210410 161130(354) jpg. Upload of file failed
    and from URL https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/ser...099749/enhance error: Invalid File.

and in the footer;

• You may post new threads
    • You may post replies
    • You may post attachments
    • You may edit your posts
    Last edited by Turbogus; 04-26-2021 at 01:33 AM.

1978 CJ5 360 (read 304) Radiator Recovery tank search

The url worked. I directly upload to jeepz anymore.
    ]img] path/name.jpg]img] doesnít work for all.
    Movies and other file formats do not work for me.

I see JPN, I guess if photos won't post here anymore this will be how it's done from now on.

So i surfed pics on the net and saw both setups. However i could only see parts for what you already have.

That's all I've found too. Man I miss Mac of Mac's Jeeparts, he was a master of everything from flatties to FC's and everything in between. I'm not having any overheating issues and since running her out on the road a few times now I think the coolant on the floor and drip pan was from the last time I topped off the radiator a couple of years ago.

Maybe you pushed the bubble out driving it around more.
    Check your hose connections to the reservoir tank.

Floor? As in cab floor?

:) it was the floor of my garage, in the drip pan JPN. I think it was from over a year ago though. No sign of new leaks yet.