New Jeep Owner

Copper42

Ok guys, I didn't realize all that goes into owning a Jeep. :-O After reading some of the posts here, I am in way over my head. Ya'll have been discussing the axels and other stuff. I thought that I had done the hard part of buying the vehicle. I didn't know what I was suppose to look for other that the basic options and price. I bought a left over 2002 Wrangler Sport softtop for $16,000. Came with the inline 6 4.0 with the 30 inch tires. Also with AC and cd player. Guess I'll be here for a while learning what I need to do next.

edited by: Copper42, Jun 12, 2003 - 11:50 AM[addsig]

Ok guys, I didn't realize all that goes into owning a Jeep. After reading some of the posts here, I am in way over my head. Ya'll have been discussing the axels and other stuff. I thought that I had done the hard part of buying the vehicle. I didn't know what I was suppose to look for other that the basic options and price. I bought a left over 2002 Wrangler Sport softtop for $16,000. Came with the inline 6 4.0 with the 30 inch tires. Also with AC and cd player. Guess I'll be here for a while learning what I need to do next.

You have a MOST CAPABLE OUT OF THE BOX RIG...
Congrats, and welcome.. :cool:

2002 sport, 6 cyl., 30" tires. AC and Tunes.

Best, bullet proof engine 6 ever built...
Take care of her, she'll last forever.

30" tires... means 15 x 8" wheel package.
easy to upgrade if it meets your wants/needs.

AC... I'm in Texas using a 60 mile an hour
air conditiner on the Hiway. This is where
you will be thankful for the 4.0L.

Tunes,,, Make a joyful noise. :lol:

YOU, overwhelmed,,, NO WAY.
you picked a great Rig.

Now make it yours..

Search on the menu to the left for
anything you want to find...
Read, Post Questions, or ANSWERS
and we will be here for you.

Good Luck, and Welcome to The Jeepz Family.

K9~OUT[addsig]

Welcome to the nightmare! heheheh just kidding it is more like a dream. I have to say the TJ is a great ride and yo9u will make it your own over time. No hurry! Learn slowly what it can and can not do and mod it to make it do anything that you want it to and it can do already. That was a mouth full hehehehe. I think you will find that a stock jeep is willing to go and do most anything you can throw at it if you just drive smart. tug[addsig]

First off let me welcome you to the TJ and Jeep family! Also you can easily do some cheap upgrades to make your Jeep a darn good offroadin rig. First get some sway bar disconnects, it will make all the difference in the world! Also if you arent lookin to go huge look at a 2" spacer lift, you can get one for like $80 and all you need is the disconnects and spacers, no extra parts to buy. Then throw you some 31" mudders on there and you have a heck of a capable rig! Or you could go big, I sell you my 35s in a couple months, 37s are calling me! :) [addsig]

again... i will welcome you to the greatest group of people you will ever meet... ask, tell, share, teach and learn[addsig]

JKS Disconnects were the first and I think the best first mod I could have done to my TJ. the difference in off-roading is SOOO noticable. Read more of the posts here. Most will tell you to ride what you have until it breaks, then upgrade. The longer you have her and break her, the more Yours she will become (this is in refference to the powertrain.) Wheels, Meats, and other little things to make your TJ go over a little bigger rocks or look a little more like the rugged machine that is it, are easily found and easy to save up for. Be paitient, the day will come for you to build it. [addsig]

Back