BDS warranty question

cody77

hey everyone, i got a "what if" question for ya'll. BDS claims to have a no fine print, no questions asked warranty on their lift kits. so my questions is if install their lift and then convert to a spring over later on using their springs will they replace the a spring pack if and when i have axle wrap? or do i have to hang em under the axle for the warranty to apply? just wanting to find out before i drop the bucks for the lift. thanks in advance[addsig]

if there is no fine print, then i don't think it would matter where you mount them... BUT... axle wrap is not quite the fault of the springs, it is more a fault of the axle mounting system... of course the springs can help prevent it, and will be ok with it at first, but any spring will wear in to axle wrap... but if they say "no questions"... then as soon as you get wrap, then i'd say you could send them back... but i'd look into a ladder bar or other anti-wrap device[addsig]

Get em, use like you stold em, and if they go bad send em bacak. Then let the world know how it comes out. tug[addsig]

There is no fine print....except (always an exception lol) that the shocks are NOT covered(wear item). Just did a BDS lift, and ecor can give warrenty details, but one of the reasons I went with the BDS is the warrenty.

Rob :p :cool: :)

edited by: PASmokeater, Jun 15, 2003 - 05:44 PM[addsig]

Snitty, Smoke, Tug,

Where does all of the Great info cease.
I hope,.../// We Hope Never.

I / WE Learn from our
Brother's Bloody Knuckles.
They have the TShirt,
They have Been THere/...

Thank you Gentlemen.
K9~OUT! :cool: [addsig]

The parts that I have seen come back for warrenty were broken in half. People had jumped trucks and pounded the snot out of them and BDS covered the parts without asking any questions. I don't see you having any problems.

[addsig]

aight ya'll thanks for all the great information. i wont be doing the spring over for a while but i just wanted to check and make sure. i think i found the lift i'm gonna buy, i'm planning on getting the 3.5" from JD's Offroad, so far they've had the best price on it ($519 + s&h). just wanted to get a little more advice about this before i buy. this is what they list that comes with the kit:

2 front and 2 rear spring packs, 4 shocks, Bushings & Sleeves, U-Bolts, F&R Track Bar Brackets, Bump Stop contacts, Sway Bar end links, Transfer Case Drop, Leafspring shims, Brake line z bracket drop.

this should be all i need right? no dropped pitman arm unless over 4" right? no sye and cv shaft unless it's over 4" also? please correct me if i'm wrong though...i'd hate to get the kit here only to find out that i dont have everything i need, lol. thanks again. oh yeah here's the link just in case anyone's interested
http://www.jdsoffroad.com/store/index-2new.cfm?field=detailc&id=BDSKYJ4Shocks&storeid=1[addsig]

Back