Metal fender paint

JaredHB

Hey guys i have smittybilt XRC fender flares that are about 2-3 years old and are getting bad rust as the paint is chipping off(very poor paint job quality) I attached some pictures. Does anyone else have these and experienced this. Is there a paint anyone knows of that can match with the flakes or is that a professional process? I contacted smittybilt and they said they won’t send me paint to fix it. Then on a side note does anyone know how to get the yellow haze off a light bar?
IMG_7849.JPGIMG_7847.JPGIMG_7848.JPGIMG_7851.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

those look like the fenders my son's tj came with. i just put some rust converter on the few little spots his had and than painted back to black with some black we had in the garage. its not gloss, but also not flat black and it looked fine.

they sell little its at walmart and the auto part store that fixes crazing and yellowing of plastic head lights, same for that, though

I have similar metal fenders that the previous owner installed but they are in mint condition... it's metal, take them off and prep the surface then paint with a good rattle can paint - problem solved ... but not a simple easy quick fix I know.

Most paint won't give the textured look they came from the factory with but I'd just sand them all down, prime/paint and not worry about replicating the texture.

Rattle can bedliner will give you the texture. I like Rustoleum heavy duty truck bedliner, myself.

DONE!
Super likey even with the one effed up spot!
I don't believe it will hold up very well on the corners but I am getting that taken care of...

Although this will probably be the only time I ever use that tool... I HAVE IT! So now I can be the cool guy that can lend a friend a tool. IMG_20220616_145041.jpegIMG_20220616_131936_01.jpegScreenshot_20220613-212147_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

definitely looks great and having a pop rivet tool is always handy.

Loop in your link.

Nice job! Any close up pics?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back