Tire pressure light

Chilly

My pressure warning light came on this morning.
I checked the pressure, I have 285 70 R17's
or 33". They are all between 35-38psi. Which is
the correct spec. I believe. It was cold this morning when it came on about 28F.
Will the cold temp affect the sensor in the tire or should I just add more air to see if that works?

If the cold tire is at spec then you should be fine. If the 35-38 is after a long drive and tires are warm then wait for a 1/2 hr for them to cool. And measure again.
You might try to get all the tires within 2psi. The issue may be the delta.

How old are the tpms? Batteries may be dead in the sensor.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

It came on after 30 seconds of driving this morning. I might be replacing 2 rear tires soon. I'll have the sensors checked then.

What is a "Delta"?

The difference between each tire. Try to keep them the same pressure. So between the highest pressure and the lowers the difference is less than 2psi.

If you go to o’Reilly’s or Auto zone they have a code reader that will tell you what tire and exact code. They lend it out and some will help you read the codes. Write them down and post back.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

The tire light comes on my JK at 33psi. It's not uncommon for the light to come on when winter hits. Cold pressures are lower than hot. I usually find 1-2 tires slightly below 33psi. Air them up and I'm normally good to go until the next winter.

Back