Question about warranty - specifically voiding it.

Jagered

Wondering if anyone here has had the pleasure of their dealer refusing to cover costs of repairs that should have been under warranty.

Asking because this happened with my Monte Carlo many years ago... they tried to say the CAI on it voided the warranty so they handed me a $1,600 bill for something that should have been covered.
Long story short, I fought them on it and won because they couldn't prove how the CAI could cause the timing issue.

Hoping it's gotten better and a CAI ... a throttle body spacer... and similar are not "OMG, you ruined your engine and we aren't paying for the repair" kind of stuff.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Jeepz.com mobile app

Yes and no.
Fully read your warranty and know your state laws.
I had a f150 and the slave cylinder kept failing due to a design flaw. 3 years and 5 slave cylinders plus clutch later and it was fixed. In yhe middle of this the service department wanted to void my warranty for using FRAM oil filter.
The two don’t have anything to do with each other and they fixed it. In fact federal law states if a consumable part has to be MFG brand name through a MFG dealer. It must be provided free for the life of the vehicle.
The thought of me showing up daily for an oil change changed minds.

However if the part exchanged fails and damages more or other things fail as a direct result of the non OEM part all is out the door.
Like put headers on and a wire loon above the headers melts. Your fault. Put a chip in that-makes it run leaner or changes timing and rd up with a burnt valve or piston. That is your fault.

I will say throttle body spacers and cold air intakes do anything for a jeep.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

No I don’t know any.
I lived in NEPA. Wilkes-barre, Scranton, Hazleton area.
There was a Jeep only dealer that was great. Delt only in wranglers and Cherokees… He did mods, aftermarket swaps and repairs… i think he retired and the shop is completely gone.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back